Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Green tea lovin' | why you should make the switch


There's a million and one of us harping on about Green tea, and with good reason to.

First, the facts. Here is a huuuuge list of benefits which green tea claims to have, some have been scientifically proven:
  • Improved brain function
  • Assists wait loss
  • Lowers your risks of certain typed of cancer
  • It's full of antioxidants
  • Powerful medicinal qualities
  • Contains caffeine which promotes brain function, improves mood, memory.
  • Anti anxiety effects
  • Boosts metabolism
  • Promotes fat burning
  • Improves physical performance
  • Lowers risk of Parkinson's, diabetes and Alzheimer's
  • Improves dental health
  • Improves eyesight
  • Lowers risk of infection
  • Anti allergenic 
  • Prevents premature skin aging and helps wrinkles as it prevents UV rays
And this is why it is considered as the world's healthiest drink!
I began drinking green tea about a month ago and now I have no idea how I coped without it. I've never liked any form of hot drink, the smell of coffee was just horrible, hot chocolate never chocolatey enough and I don't particularly like milk so tea is out of the question too!

There's a lot of talk about actually how to prepare green tea; the way I do it (not obviously the only way to do it) is add water to a cup with a green tea bag and one sugar in that's a few seconds away from the boil or just cooled down from the boil. Squeeze the tea bag only a few times and then take out and drink. If you leave it to stew it can taste really quite bitter.

If you're still finding that it tastes bitter you can add more sugar or there's a variety from Twinings called Angui Province which is a little sweeter. Twinings also do mint, lemon, cranberry and even gingerbread flavour green tea!

Will you be making the switch to green tea?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge tea drinker myself haha, I frequently order from David's Tea website and one of my good friends always asks me why it's necessary to spend 50+ on tea, lol. If it's just straight up tea I prefer it to be pretty weak, but if it's added with milk I prefer it to be quite strong - brewed for around 5 or 6 minutes, I like it when my milk tea is a bit on the bitter side. I love that tea comes in so many different and fun flavors!

    becky | star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that website before! I'd like to try some of the loose tea so I might give that a go :) If you like your tea to be a bit bitter then I'd leave your green tea bag in! That way it will be a lot stronger :) xx

      Delete
  2. i love tea. So i might do try it out sometime. Thanks for the tip ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x