Monday, 6 July 2015

A trip to... Sandringham palace


My Nannie turned 90 at the end of June, what an age! For her birthday we went to Hunstanton in Norfolk and whilst we were there we visited Sandringham Palace. Sandringham Palace is where the Queen stays at Christmas. We got to see all around the grounds, a little museum of gifts the Queen has received from other royalty and around the ground floor of the house, they even told us where the Christmas tree goes! Sadly we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the actual house but here are some I got of the day. 





So who knew the Queen has her own Buddha? Loved this little guy! You're meant to rub his belly for good luck which I did, I also left a coin in with all of the others, basically followed the crowd but it made me feel good giving a little bit to this happy chap. 


If you know me you will know that I love cars. Look at this bad boy. Even if you aren't a car lover I'm sure you can still appreciate this, look how big it is! There was a little story to go with each one explaining who drove it, the length, etc. 


Could you go to see the Queen's second home and not have a cream tea? I actually shared this with my Dad because it was huuuge. Obviously jam first and then cream! 

Is this somewhere you'd like to visit?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could revisit that area, and no, I couldn't do it without a cream tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful isn't it! Haha glad you agree! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow. I would definitely love to visit! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I didn't realise it was in Hunstanton! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x