Sunday, 28 June 2015

Scallops: not just for eating


I'm finally embracing Summer a bit. I'm wearing a lot more white, swapped my black skinnies for blue and florals - dark florals but still! I picked up this cute scalloped hem top from Matalan, and the shoes too. These are both new editions to my more Summery and work appropriate wardrobe, if you read my blog you'll know that I'm due to be a teacher in September and so I definitely need an excuse for more clothes, of course. 

I actually spent a lot of money in Matalan, if you've never been to Matalan think of it as a bit like a Primark. I'll be doing a haul post soon but just for now this is an outfit I put together for a meal out featuring the scalloped top and white pointed toe shoes. We all know how I feel about pointed toe shoes: all sorts of love. Still not sure about the sling backs, think they remind me a bit of something my Nan would wear, ah well.

The kimono is Boohoo which I don't think is available anymore, Next handbag and Topshop joni jeans. 

I love the scalloped hem to this, makes it so much prettier than your standard plain white tee, there's something super feminine about this hemline, and they go with everything! 

How's your Summer wardrobe coming along?
cottonandcandie x

3 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x