Saturday, 20 June 2015

Foamingly clean: Benefit






You may have read my post, here about my Benefit makeover, what they used and what I thought to the products. This sadly was the only  product I bought on the day but this is the one I felt I really needed! I mentioned in my previous Benefit post that I had been getting little bumps under the skin around my jawline and up towards my cheeks. They weren't particularly visible except in certain light but I could feel them and it was bothering me so much. 

I thought I was doing everything right. Cleansing, moisturising, the lot. I asked the Benefit beauty consultant about this and she suggested that my skin could be dehydrated. As soon as she said this it all clicked. I was using a daily facial wash which had exfoliating beads in it, so literally scrubbing all of the natural oils away from my skin every morning, resulting in my pores being almost too clean and thus, the bumps began. 

Even though it says it is a daily wash, she explained that if you have fairly dry skin you shouldn't go by this as it can dry your skin out even more - to think I was using this twice a day - eek!

Foamingly clean comes out of the beautiful baby blue bottle as a fairly thick cream. You literally need the teeniest amount, like an entire fingertip would be too much. Once you apply it to wet/damp skin it lathers up amazingly. It feels slightly cooling on the skin and glides on so smoothly, you can feel it working straight away. It removes make up as well as your daily er grime, but get some in your eye and you'll be cursing for sure. Ouch! Once washed off your skin feels squeaky clean, it can leave your skin feeling a little tight but this does not bother me at all and is nothing your standard moisturiser can't fix.

Since using it for around two-three weeks now I can tell you that my random bumps have gone and I haven't had any spots whatsoever. I'm not really that prone to breakouts but I've heard that Benefit can do great things for women that do. The Benefit beauty consultant actually told me that there's a TV program based around a skin clinic which helps to treat people who have severe acne, and that after their treatment they recommend Benefit products!

One issue I have come across when reading reviews is that the packaging can be quite a problem when trying to get out the last little drop. As you only need a teenie amount per session I have not come anywhere near to finishing the bottle and will have to sadly cross that bridge when I come to it.

Overall this leaves my skin, hydrated, beautifully matte and clear, I can't praise it enough. 
Have you tried the Benefit skincare range?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I don't think I've ever heard a bad review about Benefit's skincare range. I've tried a little sample of the eye cream before and I really liked it :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that the eye cream is really good! Did you notice much of a difference? xx

      Delete
  2. I wasn't sure about the idea of Benefit doing skincare but this actually sounds well worth a look :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it's definitely worth a look, I was so surprised! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x