Friday, 22 May 2015

Mac Toledo ombré blush in ripe peach


I'll be impressed if you didn't let out an "Ooh" or an "Aah" when walking past the Mac Toledo ombré blush collection. Three beautiful shades to choose from with Kindergarten red - a beautiful cool pink, Azalea Blossom - a delicate lavender and Ripe peach - an orangey coral which I picked up and am reviewing here.

Looking at it I just couldn't resist. The packaging is so unique with the Toledo design and the actual ombré blush itself is just so pretty I could look at it all day. 

I have to say I didn't realise it is the only blush out of the three that had a little shimmer in it, which I'm not too fond of but it's only subtle, thankfully. When swiping your brush across the whole palette you achieve a warm, subtle glow which is really buildable - in fact I don't even think it's possible to over apply this product which is really failsafe. 

I've already used the word "subtle" twice reviewing this because that is something to really bear in mind, it really is subtle. For me, the pigmentation isn't brilliant so you'll need to really load up your brush to get some colour to your cheeks. Another little thing is that even when concentrating my brush towards the coral end of the palette, I really couldn't pick up much colour. However the palette saved it with the beautiful golden shade, it really is gorgeous and can look pretty just on its own.

I was slightly disappointed by the lack of pigmentation but I definitely don't regret buying it, it does look lovely on but for me I prefer a brighter blush and I tend to feel a bit frustrated when applying this.

How did you feel about the ombré blushes?
Did you pick one up?
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful blush and the packaging is gorgeous as well!
    -Maria
    in1997.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog :)
    have a great weekend!
    kisses:)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried an ombre blush before, and this one looks so pretty! I personally prefer subtle blushes, so I think this one will work fine for me! Thanks for your review, and have a lovely weekend!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah this would be a dream for you, definitely! xx

      Delete
  4. the ombre effect on the pallet is so pretty <3

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x