Friday, 1 May 2015

Bodyshop Shimmer Cube Eye Palette








I bought this quite a while ago when I bought the Bodyshop honey bronzer and it's taken me forever to get round to taking photos of and swatching it. I guess it's because I wasn't reeeally that impressed with it.

For sixteen pounds, (almost half an Urban decay palette!) you get only four shadows. I really don't know how I justified buying it! Maybe there was a sale? There are seven variations of the shimmer cube quads, this one being called "Green". Hmm. 

I do loove the fact that they come in little cubes and each shadow has a mini lid so that you only need to take with you the cube(s) you've used. I like that a lot. The colours are very pretty and the shadows are long wearing. The shadows themselves are really quite hard meaning the pigmentation isn't amazing but I've made very little if any dent in them whatsoever! In Bodyshop's defense the shadows are described as having an iridescent finish so their intention is more of a subtle shimmer - hence "shimmer cube eye palette!"


Have you tried Bodyshop shadows?
cottonandcandie x


12 comments:

  1. cute palette

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for me personally, I'd prefer something a bit stronger. Maybe try swatching it with a black base and we could see what it's like :)

    Cadaea | Cadaea.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally go for these sort of shades, but they are stunning on you.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post. I have never tried this before and blue is not really a great shade for my tone, haha. they look pretty tho!

    xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I thought they would come out more of a green when swatched! xx

      Delete
  5. Looks beautiful with your blue eyes. Pity it didn't have great pigmentation.

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to buy these every time I'm in The Body Shop, but I just can't justify spend £16 on not very pigmented shades! They are soo cute though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, I must have been feeling very spendy haha. xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x