Monday, 6 April 2015

Current day to day make up



This is my current make up mess, a real mixture of brands including drugstore and high end at the moment.

Firstly, my base. I start by applying concealer to my under eye area, now this really is a drugstore product! Natural collection in the lightest shade, I tried on so many when I was in Boots and the one which came out top for me at the time was this one, I was so surprised! It's nearly up and I'm looking for a Benefit one next.

Next I use my Real Techniques expert face brush to apply No7's Beautifully Matte in Calico, I haven't changed my foundation in ages because it just matches my skin tone so well. I can't recommend No7's match perfect foundation service or the expert face brush enough. - A match made in heaven!

The Body Shop's honey bronzer in 02 is what I apply next using my Real Techniques powder brush. I apply this all over my face for a healthy glow and then use my contouring brush to add a little extra bronzer under my cheekbones.

I use Topshop's Glow highlighter in polish and dab it along the highest point of my cheekbone with my fingers and blend upwards.

Finally, I use my contouring brush again to press Topshop's coral toned pink blush called Let her go onto the apples of my cheeks.


Brows and eyes, all about the brows and eyes.
Firstly I use a spoolie brush to brush my brows into place before using Nars' angled eyeliner brush and a mixture of Nars' shadow in blondie and bali to fill in my brows. I use both as blondie is a bit too light and bali is a bit too dark so both together work well.

For my eyes I use Rimmel's gel liner and the little brush that comes with it to line my my eyes. Finally I use Bourjois' volume clubbing mascara in ultra black for my lashes - you might remember this from a post of mine in January where I picked my favourite five mascaras from a review of 100.

What's in your current make up?
cottonandcandie x

14 comments:

  1. Ohh, that foundation sounds awesome! I've still not found my perfect one yet. Maybe soon!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going for a fuller coverage one, next! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for that perfect foundation and the closest I have come was Tarte Amazonian clay, but I think it dies my skin out! Great post.
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want a tarte product, need to go to America and hit Sephora! xx

      Delete
  3. I used to love using the Bourjois mascara! I need to get it again. I really would like to try out the No7 foundation. I think they're a great brand! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearly coming to the end of it now, sadly! xx

      Delete
  4. lovely products. I'm currently in search for new brow essentials to try, may I should have a closer look at these Nars products

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady I spoke to at Nars was amazing at brows! xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Body Shop honey Bronzer, its been the best bronzer for me by far xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it gives a lovely warm glow :) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm Calico too! Only high street foundation I've found that's pale enough, luckily the quality is brilliant too. I really want to try that Body Shop bronzer, it must be good seeing as you've hit pan ;) x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I used to go up to the lady in boots and basically ask her what foundation is the lightest shade out of all of them haha.
      It is! :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x