Tuesday, 31 March 2015

What I have learnt about blogging #2


So this is my second post which I have written about blogging and what I have learnt so far. I started my blog last Summer and have learnt a lot since then, you can have a look at my previous post, here.

Take every opportunity you can to write 
For me I am currently on placement in a school which means I'm in school by half seven and usually leave around six, so long days, and as I have an hour walk and train journey, it means I don't get much time to myself! I've taken to writing blog ideas or actual posts in the notes app on my phone. I literally write all the way on my 45 minute walk, bumping into lampposts as I go, but it works for me and I find makes me walk a lot quicker. I also find that in the morning and outdoors I have a lot of inspiration, so this really works for me.

Schedule, schedule, schedule
I cannot stress how much scheduling posts has saved me. If I was to try and write a post every other day for the next day I simply wouldn't be able to do it at all and would definitely have given up on blogging by now. 
I usually have around 10 posts scheduled in advance and so as I post every other day that's around 20 days of the month sorted, which is a great feeling. This works amazingly well for those of you who have great inspiration and ideas one day and nothing the next as days when you're lacking any motivation don't really matter anymore, as you will already have a post sorted! And next time you write a post just add it on to the end of your scheduled posts.

Connect with people
You can write an amazing post with beautiful photographs, but if you aren't networking, commenting and really getting your blog out there, how are people going to find it? I actually really look up to people who have thousands of followers, because it means they have put in so much effort not just writing and taking photos (which can take up so much time!) but spending time finding, reading and commenting on blogs, so much so that now their hard work has paid off and they receive new followers daily. I hope one day I will get to that, but for now it's hard graft that I need to get me there!

What have you learnt about blogging and how long have you been a blogger?
cottonandcandie x




12 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these tips! It such great advice. I definately agree with writing posts when ever possible!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, when and where ever haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Scheduling posts is a godsend. It makes it easier so you don't have to check your blog all the time or post manually.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, saves so much time, imagine if you had to be on your computer the second you wanted to post! xx

      Delete
  3. Great post my dear:))
    If you have time visit me on my blog :))
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the connecting with people one is a really good one, it's so important!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the most important I think! xx

      Delete
  5. Scheduling is what makes my blog happen! I also think interacting with other bloggers and brands is just so important xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Haven't had the guts to interact with brands yet eek! xx

      Delete
  6. You're definitely going down the right path to achieving a regular stream of new followers like you mentioned in your last point. I think I've learnt that there is so much more to it than people realise until they're a blogger themselves - it takes up a massive part of your life, especially if you're at a stage like I am and are beginning to turn it into a business. It's really hard work, time consuming and I think a lot of people expect things too soon. Carry on like you are and I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time! PS, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!
    Rebecca-Louise | Autumn Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It means so much that you took the time to comment! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x