Wednesday, 12 November 2014

OOTD: Yes shorts in Winter.








Yes I do feel the cold, quite a lot actually. The other night I went out to go clubbing and when I came back I was so cold that I wore to bed: my onesie with a jumper over the top and the hood up, thermal socks, a blanket, a duvet, an extra cover and then I put my hairdryer on under my duvet to warm it up a bit. After I woke up in my hungover state I realised what a dangerous thing this was but just to get the point across yes I do get cold. 

Anyway, this won't stop me wearing shorts in Winter. If we can wear slightly thicker dresses surely we should be able to get away with shorts too, right? (Someone please agree with me here, now I'm writing this I feel like I'm really flogging a dead horse). 

I wore a Hildamay vest which is a small band from where I live at home. I got it so long ago I don't even know if they're still together but they were good at the time and they supported Mallory Knox a while back who made it to Reading this year. I tucked this into a pair of standard black high waisted denim shorts from Primark with a pair of black tights. I did consider wearing black knee high socks to make me a little warmer but I can never fully decide if I like that look or not? Over the top of this outfit I wore one of my boyfriend's shirts (Hollister) which he didn't know I was wearing/have nicked until I sent him a snapchat. Yep I'm that girlfriend. Boys' shirts are always so much warmer and they have that slouchy look which you just can't seem to get with a women's shirt. 

I was wearing this with a pair of chunky black boots however my housemates don't know I blog (in fact pretty much no one does) and I knew they would think it was weird if I went back downstairs to put shoes on to then go back upstairs again when they knew I'd finished lectures for the day. I don't know, maybe one day I'll tell them!

Are you a supporter of wearing shorts in Winter?
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your flannel! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shorts with thick tights in the winter (when it's not really cold, and I live in Finland, so it can get cold!)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Or wearing thick socks inside boots! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Haha, nobody I know in person knows about my blog so that's ok ;) I love wearing shorts/skirts/dresses with thick tights and socks in the winter!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone is on the same page as me! Haha great! :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x