Thursday, 6 November 2014

Liebster award!













I've been nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Katarina from State of Cate and Miriam from It's My Life here is a bit about the rules of the Liebster award and what it means:
 
The Rules
 
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you and link their blog in your post ^ as above.
2. Display a picture of the Liebster award in your post, you can copy and paste this one if you like.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person/people who nominated you. 
4. Provide 11 random facts about you.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs who have less than 200 followers - this is to help out other new bloggers trying to get out there!
6. Make up your own 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
7. List the rules in your post so they know what's the Liebster award means.
8. Don't forget to let the people you nominated know that they've been nominated and send them a link to your blog so they can get the information.

Questions I was asked by Katarina:
 
1. Favourite movie director? Has to be Tarantino, Pulp Fiction: need I say more?
2. Favourite movie and quote from that movie? Snatch - "Sorry I didn't quite get my binoculars out in time"
3. The most amazing book you've ever read? Paul McKenna - Instant Confidence. This book completely changed my life, it's like a self hypnosis book which encouraged you to be confident in every aspect of your life - it's amazing!
4. One word that can describe you? Fun-loving. I guess that's two words but gosh that's hard!
5. Put your favourite black and white photograph. 
This is a great one! This photo is "The Kiss", a man passionately kisses a lady he had never met just after everyone is told that World war II is over.
6. Do you have any pets? I have a dog called Rodney who's a staffy and two cats, one called Lilly and one called Ginny (my sister is obsessed with Harry Potter.
7. What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you? When I was in primary school my class teacher was keeping caterpillars so that we could observe their life cycle and how they turn into butterflies, I was watching one of the cocoons on my own during lunch break and I saw a butterfly break out of it for the first time. 
8. The most amazing place you've visited? In Rhodes I visited the place where two seas meet and you can walk on the sand in between them. 
9. What you didn't know about blogging before you have started and what you do now? I'm actually doing a series of posts where I write about what I have learnt about blooging, beauty and fashion so far, check out my first one here
10. Advice for future bloggers? Write about what you love and you'll never get bored of blogging.
11. What inspires you the most? Bloggers such as MelonLady, LlyMlrs and Inthefrow, I look up to them all so much, all so different but all amazing!
 
 Questions I was asked by Miriam:

1. Why did you start your blog? I looked at other blogs (such as the bloggers I've named above) first before I created mine and felt inspire to write my own posts. It's also a great excuse to expand my fashion and beauty hoard ;)
2. What to you is the hardest thing about a blog? Finding the time to write posts, read posts and not neglect my uni work!
3. Where do you get your inspiration? I follow a lot of fashion and make up brands on Instagram and like to see if I can recreate looks with similar products/pieces I have. 
4. What is your favourite kind of food? Either Indian or Italian, I love spicy food and can never get bored of pasta.
5. What is your preferred lipstick colour? This is the most difficult question ever but I think I'd have to choose a real deep pink like Rimmel's 107 or Mac Twig. 
6. What is your favourite book? Has to be Bobbi Brown's make up manual doesn't it?
7. Where do you picture yourself ten years from now? Hopefully I'll be married with children (if anyone will put up with me that long!) and I'd love to still be blogging!
8. What is your favourite item of clothing? Probably my really oversized shirt from Camden market, I featured it in an OOTD post, here
9. Cats or dogs? Dogs forever!
10. What is your favourite memory? I actually have the worst memory ever and couldn't possibly think of a favourite one! I've actually just been sitting here for ten minutes thinking, sorry!
11. If you were only allowed to wear mascara or lipstick for the rest of your life what would you choose? Definitely lipstick cause you could wear different colours and lipstick looks like you've instantly made an effort!
 
11 random facts about me
 
1. I am terrible at time management no matter how close I am to lectures/work I will always be only just on time.
2. A day without a nap is a wasted day to me.
3. I used to be able to just sit in the splits whilst watching telly and am stretching everyday to get back to that!
4. My guilty pleasure is rap music, it's just so good. Not so good living in a house full of boy band lovers though..
5. The majority of people call me Em, when people call me Emily I usually panic about what I might have done wrong. 
6. I'm an absolute stress head, if there's something worth worried about I've definitely already worried about worrying about it. 
7. I am fairly sure I have ADD, my attention span is terrible and I was sent to have a hearing test at school because teachers thought I just couldn't hear them, oops.
8. I'm a real gamer and am currently addicted to the Family Guy game and Kitchen scramble on the ipad.
9. I don't really have any shame, I'll quite happily do yoga in front of my housemates and slide across laminate flooring without a care in the world. 
10. My handwriting is like Disney style and I love it.
11. I used to have thirteen piercings before I had t take them out for placement. 

My questions to you!
 
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
2. What would you have as your very last meal including a drink?
3. What can you not leave the house without besides your phone and keys?
4. Who inspires your style the most?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What have you achieved which you are proud of?
7. What would you tell your younger self?
8. Current beauty favourite?
9. What is your favourite quote?
10. What made you start blogging?
11. If you could repeat one day in your life which would it be?
 
And the nominees areee...
 

cottonandcandie x
 

 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! I love to read about and get to know other bloggers! So cool that your handwriting is like Disney script! That black and white photo is my all time favorite too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was so much fun!Have you done the award yet? xx

      Delete
  2. I love the story behind that photo, absolutely beautiful!
    xoxo

    kaleidoscopejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, love your blog! Stay in touch :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x