Saturday, 25 October 2014

The budget boot(s)






I am not a boot girl. The only boots I've ever owned are hand-me-down ones from my Mum. I'm very much a Vans person, and seeing as they have amazing grip because they're skater shoes Vans have been my all terrain all weather shoes for a good three years. Only when I started blogging did I realise that every outfit that I put together immediately became casual and scruffy when I put on my one of four pairs of worn out vans - I even thought about taking photos with no shoes on before I considered actually buying some shoes which weren't Vans!

These are 15 pounds each and are both from Primark and I can honestly say they are both amazingly comfy, especially the brown Timberland looking ones. I bought both at the same time and wore these first. I love the almost military feel about them and instantly feel a strut in my step when I wear them. I will admit that I did want a pair of Timberlands but seeing as I wore them today and someone mistaked them for the real thing when I didn't have to pay ten times the price I can definitely say I'm happy. Actually comparing them to the ones I looked at on the Timberlands website I think that these look a little more feminine, I think it's because of the slight heel and that the boot ends higher up the ankle so they don't look as much of a man's working boot.  I also feel like Lara Croft in them which is a huge bonus.

When I picked up the black pair my friend laughed and said that they were "so me" and she could already see that they suited me - she wasn't wrong. I've always wanted a pair of boots which are black and chunky but not covered in chains and straps and all that scary looking stuff. As they're platformed I think they make you feel that little more dressed up as well, which is great for when you're teaming these with jeans and a big jumper for uni!

Will you be investing in a new Autumn boot?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I love wearing Boots! They are the most comfortable shoe. I love all the shoes featured in this post too! x x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to really get into them now! They're so nice and such a bargain! xx

      Delete
  2. omg I love the Timberland look alikes! they are so pretty! I am so going to Primark and getting them tomorrow! x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy when I spotted them! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x