Monday, 27 October 2014

No7 Lipsticks that are a match made in heaven.







As a real pale girl there's lots of debates around what colour lip you should wear. An assistant from Mac advised me that you can wear whatever shade you like as long as you feel confident enough to pull it off, and so because of this you can go really bold. Then there's other assistants who shudder at the idea of pairing the typical English rose complexion with a dark or a bright shade. So, when No7 advertised their match made lipstick service which determines your skin tone and then the lip colours which will complement, I was all over it. 

Earlier this year I had my foundation colour matched (surprise, surprise, I'm Calico - No7's lightest shade!) and I was so impressed with how on point the match was that I've used it ever since. Because of this, it made matching my lipstick colours easy as they already have little cards made up which display a selection of lipsticks which will work well with the foundation shade you are. I picked up the Calico card and headed to one of the friendly ladies at No7. I picked Rose berry and she recommended Soft tulip, these are both from the Moisture drench range as I didn't flip the card over to see the Stay perfect choices!I tried both on and she definitely knew best. Soft tulip is quite an unusual colour as in some lights it's a delicate peachy coral and in others it looks more pink. At first I was a little uncertain as it did make my lips a little dry, I asked her about this and she said that she also has the same problem and that she never goes out without a gloss over the top of her lipstick. She found a gloss which matched Soft tulip (I'm so sorry I don't know what shade she chose!) and smoothed some over the top, this not only made the lipstick feel good on the lips but also locked in the colour. 

What do you think to my lipstick match? Have you tried the No7 match made lip service yet?
cottonandcandie x

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I'm definitely going to have to have a look at their lip service!
    Lou | lolaspooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so so clever! Such a good way to buy a lipstick for someone and know it will suit them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! So useful! :) Also, I have nominated you for Liebster award on my blog, you can check it out here - http://www.stateofcate.com/2014/10/liebster-award-11-facts-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much I'll go look it up :) xx

      Delete
  4. Such a good idea! I'm probably the same shade as you, I'm so pale! I might try these lipsticks out, thank you! You look gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so clever! Aw thank you so much! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x