Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Blushin' over Topshop's metallic cream blush









It was love at first sight. I read no reviews, I didn't even know Topshop did a cream blusher, I picked up the first shade I saw, tried it on and yes. This was the one. 

This shade is called Pulse, it is a metallic cream blush which is described as "blossom pink" by Topshop. To me it's much more than this, it's a beautiful deep peachy pink which finishes with a highlighting sheen across your cheeks. It is a sheen rather than a shimmer, which I believe is where the "metallic" part comes in. It seems to catch the light giving your cheeks a warm yet subtle glow.

Applying this is fool proof. A quick swirl of the product with your finger tips and then simply dab onto your cheeks and blend upwards across your cheekbones. Topshop recommend applying just to the apples of your cheeks but as it really seems to brighten and highlight I prefer it swept all the way across my cheekbones. The product is really quite solid, so you can get as much as you need rather than becoming a sticky creamy blushing mess which I've found with lots of other cream blushers. It's also really buildable, so it's suitable for a slight flush of the cheeks for daytime and then applying a little more for a real glow at night. At just 7 pounds I think this is worth every penny.

Are you a fan of cream blush?
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of Topshops makeup but this looks amazing and the colour really suits you! x

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topshop make up is really cool! Their lipsticks are amazing :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I love Topshop's cream blushes they have such a lovely forumla, this shade looks gorgeous o you!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this shade is so pretty! Definitely going to look for more of a coral one soon as well :) Awh thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this , you're too beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh this brightened my day, thank you! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x