Sunday, 19 October 2014

Bewitching bronzer







Firstly, not one of these photos are edited. My face really did look that pale and ill before I applied my newest bronzer. Some of you may recognise the packaging, this is Body shop's Honey bronze bronzing powder in 02 - fair matte. I've been using bronzer for around three years now and I was on a mission to find a new one. I wanted a matte bronzer with no sparkle or shimmer which could be applied all over the face as well as for contouring. I read one recommendation and immediately went out to try it. I agree you definitely shouldn't be swayed by other opinions as what works for one might not work for another, but the assistant only had to rub a little on my hand for me to go weak at the knees and march to the till. There is a lighter shade than this however it has more pinky tones which didn't look as nice on me. I was advised to go for 02 instead as it more neautral. 

I just love how it entirely transforms my face. I think I look more awake, it reduces shine, covers blemishes and just really makes me feel like I glow. 
To apply, dab a kabuki brush onto the bronzer and use circular motions around your entire face until you achieve a warm finish. No need to tap off excess product off of your brush as it is a very buildable product. 
It is expensive at 13 pounds but for a product this good I would pay double - also, Body shop often have 40% off sales! No excuses!

Do you have a favourite bronzer? Will you be wearing it through Autumn?
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. Wow that bronzer looks great on you, can really tell a difference. Makes me want to buy my own. I've not been really 100% satisfied with the last couple of bronzers I bought and I'm on the look out for a good one. I have my eyes on the nars one! And now the Bodyshop one too :)

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so impressed with the difference when I put them side by side! Same, they've all just been too shimmery or too dark! Will definitely be rebuying this :)

      Delete
  2. The bronzer looks amazing and it suits you perfectly! x

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Went with the assistant's advice!

      Delete
  3. Oh my god! You look fresh-faced and gorgeous! This looks amazing on you :) You seem happy about it too ;) Glad you found a bronzer you liked :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I love it, was amazed at how much difference it makes! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x