Wednesday, 17 September 2014

OOTD: My go to comfies to travel in.










I wore this outfit to travel from Suffolk back to London, so because I was going to be travelling for over three hours I definitely needed comfort!

I always wear leggings when travelling anywhere, I love how soft they are and how they don't bunch up or make you feel restricted in any way. They're great for me as I usually cross my legs and release my inner yogi and end up in some weird position as I try and sleep. I have such a large leggings collection in loads of different patterns and can barely go into Primark without getting a pair. Considering they're cheap they're really quite good quality!

I love this checkered design as they remind me of the black and white Joni jeans by Topshop which I'm desperately lusting after. 
I wore the leggings with my Vans shirt which I love, I've wanted one for ages and my sister got it for me from the Vans store for my birthday. It took me ages to figure out that they actually do boys sizes which fit girls - I was trying the mens on for ages which were huge on me! This is a medium and still quite a loose fit. 
However, I'm really disappointed with the quality of it, I have only worn and washed it once and already the Vans script has faded considerably. 

I wore this with Converse to complete the monochrome look (although I did put on a very bright bobble hat later!). I thought it could be a bit much with a Vans shirt and Vans shoes! Or does this make me a traitor to Vans!?
 
I also left my hair in its tousled natural state in a middle parting to compliment the skater vibe of this outfit. 
 
This super warm and bright bobble hat is actually from Tescos! When I was packing up my tent from Reading festival I got absolutely soaked and needed something warm (and pretty) to cheer myself up a bit. 
 
What do you travel in?
 
cottonandcandie x 

8 comments:

  1. I love this whole ensemble! I have checked trousers but never think to wear them - this has given me inspiration :)
    Kelly
    orchidlondon.blogspot.co.uk (I am new to this, I would really appreciate it if you would follow me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Black and white check trousers are so versatile! Same, I've only been going since July :)

      Delete
  2. cute outfit! that beanie is the perfect final touch! when I travel I usually wear a simple maxi dress and a baggy cardigan to keep me warm :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxi dresses are great! They look so stylish but are still so comfortable. Thank you for commenting, I've been following your blog for a while and your style is so unique!

      Delete
  3. Leggings are so comfy. You look so cute, and that outfit looks so comfortable.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I wear them almost a little too much haha! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  4. Your outfit is so cute!! I love leggins because they are super comfortable and so easy to style. These checkered leggings might be my new fav! Plus that beanie is really cute! :)

    http://mythoughtsviewsandvalues.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree. My beanie was literally an impulse buy when I was packing up for Reading festival, I was so wet and cold that I needed a cute pick me up! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x