Saturday, 30 August 2014

Practically perfect primer

Blogger's worst nightmare: a camera that wasn't charged properly when I got to Reading fest and no wifi when I got home! So sadly no ootd posts at all but I have been seriously splurging on make up which I'll fill you in on soon! 
So I don't really wear foundation. This is mainly because I have combination skin and putting any form of foundation onto my nose just creates a mass of dry skin flakes (apologies to anyone eating). So I usually don't bother and just wear bronzer instead, which strangely doesn't make my skin dry at all. I've tried many a foundation and applying tonnes of my usual Nivea face cream but nothing has worked.

My mum gave me this, Nivea express hydration primer. The only other primer I have ever used is the clear Gosh primer. Apart from it leaving my skin beautifully soft it seemed to do nothing other than make my foundation go on gloopier than normal, so I wasn't feeling optimistic.

But, being a Nivea fan I put it on straight away. As soon as I opened it I sighed, the consistency was very thin and I instantly thought that it would do nothing for my already dry skin. What I've learnt from this product is that a thick formula is not always best. 

I applied it over my whole face using circular motions and it dried almost instantly leaving my skin smooth, supple and feeling moisturised. It doesn't feel sticky at all which is a usual problem for me as I feel I have to wait before applying any make up with my current moisturiser. Applying my foundation was a dream, no dry patches whatsoever. I was really impressed with the outcome considering I had just used the primer with no moisturiser beforehand.  

The only thing I'll add is that the reason my Mum gave me the primer is that she did not get on with it at all. In fact she and my sister both said that it made their skin really dry, the complete opposite to how it worked with mine! 

On the other hand, I have been using this for a little over a week now and can tell you that as soon as it runs out I will be buying another. I haven't had to use moisturiser at all and it's made applying my make up sooooo less frustrating!

What's your favourite primer? 

cottonandcandie x 

4 comments:

  1. I have the Nivea primer also. Loved it from the first application. It made my skin so soft and silky plus it smelled really nice which is always a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Have you been using it in place of a normal moisturizer or did you moisturize as well as this? xx

      Delete
  2. I actually used it as both a primer and moisturizer. Made my skin feel amazing! I now use a different moisturizer, only because I fancied a change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I didn't feel like I needed to moisturise at all! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x