Friday, 1 August 2014

OOTD: 21st Birthday feat. THOSE shoes









I finally turned 21 last week! And of course being 21 you have to hit the town hard on your birthday. This is the only full length shot I got on the day so that's why there's my lovely man in this as well. Doesn't he scrub up nice! Unlimited brownie points for this man who surprised me with a holiday to Crete! We fly Tuesday, so holiday posts when I get back! I'm such a lucky girl!

So, 21. Looking through girls who have recently turned 21 on Facebook it seems there's only two ways to do it. Elegant and classy or shortest, tightest, boobie showing dress you can find. (I went for the first choice!) This beaut of a dress is from AX Paris and I felt like a right princess in it. I like that it's simple but the off the shoulder cut of it makes it ooze glamour. There's also something so sexy about a bright red, especially with matching lips. This is a Kate Moss lipstick by Rimmel in 111 Kiss of life. Girls, Kate's matte range is amazing. It lasts for ages and once it dries it doesn't print on glasses! Side note to this dress - it is very right at the bottom so it can result in penguin style walking!

Onto THOSE SHOES. These were an early birthday present from my parents so I could wear them on the night (I went out the night before my birthday). I am absolutely besotted with them. Very pricey at £55, so put them on your Christmas list! But worth every penny. The ankle strap and block heel mean they're so easy to walk in and I always think peep toe heels don't pinch as much as regular court heels. These are so comfortable I wore them from 8pm-3am and danced all night. And of course being a black shoe they can be worn with almost anything colourwise. The only downside to these
babies are that they are suede which means any little drop of anything liquid will mean that it marks instantly. So before even wearing them out get some spray suede protection on them. This can be bought at most shoe stores. If like me you got over excited and worn them out already it should come off with a make up wipe, make sure you wipe it over the entire shoe so that it dries the same colour.

Due to the off the shoulder cut of the dress being the main focus of the outfit I decided not to wear a necklace and instead wear a piece of head jewellery. This one is the second head piece I've ordered off of eBay, there's so many styles and they're so so cheap! I think they're a good addition to a festival wardrobe or to an outfit for a special occasion.

What did you wear to your last "big" birthday?

cottonandcandie x

Dress - AX Paris
Heels - River island
Headpiece - eBay 
Bag - unknown (Borrowed from Mumma!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x