Friday, 11 July 2014

Moreish matte



As promised in my Wireless fest post, a review on Barry M's matte topcoat polish. 

If like me you got giddy with excitement last summer over the Gelly Hi Shine nail paint range by Barry M you'll be as disappointed as I was when you potter through the make up section in Boots and notice that almost all brands are now offering matte polish! In short, for me, matte is the new hi shine. Hmph. After collecting all those gorgeous glossies I now have to buy them all in matte? Nope. 

Browsing through Barry M's extensive range of nail paints to find the perfect present for my flatmate (also a nail polish obsessor) I came across Barry M's matte topcoat. Cheekily, I bought myself a bottle as well as her and I am so glad I did. 




I painted my nails with gelly hi shine Barry M nail paint in various colours, really putting the matte topcoat to the test. On applying a thin layer of matte topcoat you can literally see before your eyes the polish gradually turning to a chalky finish. It even feels different! And because it is a topcoat (something us girls always forget!) it keeps your nails chip free for longer. I painted my nails last Thursday and now six days and a festival later only two look noticeably chipped! 





I was and still am so impressed with this product, an absolute must have for giving your nail polish collection a  completely different dimension. 

Do you know of any other matte topcoats? What are your favourite nail colours for SS14? 

cottonandcandie x


2 comments:

  1. I love those colors!

    http://hey-darlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favourite is the models own frosted neon one - need more from that collection!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x